My Boston Terrier is VERY congested
Hello everyone.....I have a general question about Duke, my little Boston.  He is 4 years old and about 2 1/2 days ago he started becoming very congested.  It's not a reverse sneeze....i def know what they are.  I have been giving him amoxicillin..which has been prescribed to him before.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON WHAT COULD THIS BE?  He means the WORLD to me and PLEASE give me any info that you think could help.

GOD BLESS U ALL !!!!
Was the amoxicillin leftover from a previous illness, or recently prescribed for this latest round?  If you are trying to treat him yourself, it's a losing battle.  Dogs can get upper respiratory infections that can lead to pneumonia - just like people.  Please don't wait to get him in to see a vet.  You have to make certain that he's on an antibiotic that will hit whatever bacteria is making him sick.
the amoxicillin is from a previous illness.  Here is the problem....I just got laid off last Wednesday so money is a little tight right now.  I want to try to get him better myself if possible.  Do you have any idea about the right antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection?  However, if I DO NOT see an improvment within the next couple of days....I will be taking him to the vet.  

He is eating and acting completly normal.  still playing all the time.  you would not be able to tell he was sick if you couldn't here him.  Thank you sooo much for your reply!!!!
I'm pretty sure boston's are on the list for having the smushed faces and are prone to upper respitory infections. Don't quote me on it till I can make sure. Why don't you give the vet a call and ask them what meds treat upper respitory infections? I mean some over the counter meds can be given to dogs if you do it by milligram per pound or something like that . Just ask the vet if there are any and how to give it yourself. If you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself then take them to the vet and ask if you can do monthly payments. Some vets are willing to.

Hope I helped.
Hi I have a yorkshire Terrier....was given to my by a freind.  I know from reading up on them that are not suposed to sweat.  Mine does.  I give her a bath most every week.  But, to no avail she is still sweating.  There is a strong oder too.  I just don't know what can be wrong?  Can you please tell me if this is somethig I can take care of or is this a visit to the vet?