My Chihuahua wont gain weight. plese help!!!
I have a two year old female Chihuahua and she is only 3 pounds. She will not gain any weight. She gets bored with her found and turns her nose up to her dog food. So I am constantly buying new dog food. You can see her ribs and her spine and the vet says she is healthy so I dont know what I am doing wrong. I feed her 3 times a day but sometimes she just wont eat. Not sure if someone knows about a good dog food for Chihuahuas. Please help. Thanks
When you say "The vet says she is healthy" do you mean the vet has run tests on her to be certain there is nothing wrong with her health? And these tests have come up negative?

I'm afraid I don't know a great deal specifically about Chihuahuas. But any dog who won't eat, is losing weight, or won't gain, to the point of having prominent bones, I am sure needs a good checking-out.
Would it be possible for you to get a second opinion?

This may be money spent with no solution yet. If her health really is absolutely fine, but she just isn't interested in food, well that is a little unusual, but as I said I don't know enough about these dogs. Hopefully someone will answer who does have experience.

I wish you and her well.