Dogs Community
My Dog Can't Breathe!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

My Dog Can't Breathe!!!

my dog has done this for a while but it seems to be getting worse---he goes through spells where he is struggling to breathe and he makes snorting noises trying to get air....it never looks as if he is actually suffocating though.....what can i do? please help!!! i was wondering if i could be allergies? we recently brought him into the house as a house dog---though he had this problem before it seems worse but i don't know if its cause we see him more or what----again please help!!!!
hi my dog has been snorting for a while now, The vets said that it was due to old age and that its likely to be wear and tear on his pallet. but lately he has been doing small quick beaths. I giving him Homeopathic Mixed Pollens.  It works quickly and is harmless to them. You can pick it up from any chemist.  
I have a Pekingese who does the same thing your baby is doing.Sometimes allergies can make them snort like that.My baby has done this for years and when i pet him and talk to him he will calm down.My vet said that alot of furbabies do it and it is fine.Sometimes when the pollen is bad he does it moreand I give him Benadryl.When your baby does this does he do it for a few mins and then he is fine and does he lower his head when he does it?Please keep us posted.Take care and God Bless
  There is a condition called reverse sneezing, or backward sneezing. I don't know much about it, even though I had a dog that did this. I believe there are video's on You Tube of dogs doing this. Check it out, and see if this is what your dog is doing. I believe it's harmless.
Hope your doggie is OK.
Very rarely, my dog does this "reverse sneeze" thing. Even though it only lasts a few seconds, it always scares her, and I found that stroking her head and neck helps her feel better when it happens. Not making a fuss, just calming her. She is basically fit and well, and this has happened a few times over the past 8 years, since I got her.
I have no idea what triggers this, or what causes it.