Dogs Community
My Dog is in Heat, But what is this Pink Ball Thing Protruding out her ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

My Dog is in Heat, But what is this Pink Ball Thing Protruding out her Vagina? Please Help!!

My dog is in Heat right, Shes been in heat for 6 or 7 days. She is Very very swollen, to where when she walks she waddles. the swelling seems to be getting worse and it seems to be getting bigger. this is her second heat. We had an appointment for her to get spaid on Wed of last week, but she got her heat that day (though she was begginning to get swollen the day befor) Today she has just been laying down alot and not really playing too much, and while she was laying down I noticed that she had this Pink ball, balloon type thing coming out of her vagina!! It hasnt came all the way out, it seems to come out and go in, kinda. When i tried to get a picture she got a lil worked up and then i couldnt see it. Does anyone know what this could be?? Please HELP!!
Welcome....I Found this on another web sight:

This is not normal. I would take her to the vet who I am sure is going to suggest a spay. The red ball thingy is actually an overabundance of swollen tissue from your female being in estrus. Basically she has a vaginal prolapse. (NOT to be confused with uterine prolapse!) This can be serious and lead to infections of the reproductive organs and urinary tract. In some ******* it can lead to difficulty in urination. She should be spayed when she comes out of heat and this will prevent further occurrences. In the meantime, keep the area clean and protected. It is very important that it does not dry out. You can clean her with warm water and lubricate it with KY or vaseline. I would make sure she is on a clean linoleum to prevent carpet fibers and dirt etc sticking to her. Which can cause further complications.

Good luck and let us know how she is....Karla

This does sound weird really. I can't tell you I know what this is. The only thing to do would be to take her to the vet, let them take a look at it.
There may be something a little wrong, especially as she is suddenly laying around and not interested in playing. Dogs do that when they are unwell, or feeling pain.
I would definitely get this checked out as soon as you can.

Thankyou so much for your responces!! Yes, I see online now about this, wow, oh no! I am going to have to take her to a vet to be sure that it doesnt get infected or anything. Thanks so Much Misfits4Me, for looking up and doing research online for me! That was really kind. Wow I hope it doesnt hurt, poor thing.
hi there i have a american johnson bulldog and the balloon thing is completly out with my dog its bigger then a mans fist this is the 2nd time this has happend my friend said it was completly normal please can you help me im worried now
Your friend is WRONG! As stated above, this is NOT normal and you need to seek medical attention immediately.......When your dog is well & out of heat, have her spayed!  It will prevent it from happening again....Let us know what happens & good luck.....Karla
that was really nice of u to search & give that much needed info.. i truly appreciate ppl in the world like u. you are truly needed out here.. your info calmed my nerves. my female lab came on her first estrus about 2 weeks ago and my lil niece noticed the balloon type thing peeping from the female dog vaginal. i was confused & scared not having to experience this before & i have a pit bull, but her estrus wasnt this extreme. But thanks to you Misfits4me u truly brought some comfort & assistance to me and my household..
can the btch get pregant with the pink ball coming
hey there I have an 7 month old ****-tuz and she is in heat and she is very swellon in her privet part, im not sure what to do can you PLEASE HELP MEEE!!!