My dog ate a chicken bone....
So a few days ago my dog ate a chicken bone....i've read that chicken bones are not good for dogs to eat. im not sure if this is true or not and my dog has eaten chicken bones in the past and has been fine, but this time shes thrown up a few times since....is there something i can do? should i be worried? or will it pass? please help!
Cooked chicken bones (well, ANY cooked bones) can be dangerous because the cooking process makes them hard and brittle.  When the dog chews them they splinter and the splinters can get stuck in their throats or along the digestive tract.  Raw bones are soft and moist and don't splinter, which is why it is safe to feed dogs raw chicken if you follow the BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods) diet.  

Keep an eye on her.  Chances are it is coincidental that the vomiting followed the eating of the chicken bone, but if it continues or if there is blood in the vomit or blood in her stool, I would make an appointment with the vet to have her checked out.  Also, if her mood or activity level becomes abnormal have her checked out just to be on the safe side.  

Since it happened a few days ago there will not be any bone left in her stomach so it would be pointless to feed her bread in an attempt to have it wrap itself around the bone to help it pass out.  If there is a piece of bone stuck anywhere, I doubt that bread would help after this length of time.  Just be very vigilant for the next week and make sure she isn't having difficulty performing any normal bodily functions and isn't in any discomfort.  Please keep us up to date on how she is doing.

Ghilly
Thank you so much. She seems to be doing better. She hasn't gotten sick since the last time it happened and she seems to be feeling better.
I'm glad to hear that everything is OK.  Thanks for the update!

Ghilly