Dogs Community
My dog doesn't want to eat.

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

My dog doesn't want to eat.

I have a 3 1/2 years old pit bull.  He has been sick for over a month.  I took him to the vet 3 times already and he still sick. They did a series of tests and they told he had valley fiver. She gave him Fluconazole, but he didn't feel better. Last time I took him to the vet she gave him amoximillin, metronidazole, fenbendazole and another one that I don't remember the name.  He is getting worse, now he is vomiting. He still not eating his food only chicken with rice and only one a day.  I have try different kinds of food and nothing.  Tomorrow I am goint to take him to the vet again, this time for X rays.  I am so worry, I don't think the vet knows what is going on with him.  Can someone help me please.
So sorry to read this about your dog.  There are just so many reasons this could be happening I'd hate to venture to guess.

BUT, I would definitely be looking for a new Vet for a second opinion.  

I'd want stool samples run, complete blood work done, possibly a tick panel disease run, etc.  These can be expensive tests but looks like you definitely need to get another opinion.  
Good luck and keep us posted.  
Thank you so much.  They already run bood test, urine test and stool test and everything looks fine.  I will take your advise and I will take him for a second opinion.  I lost my other dog 8 months ago, I don't want to go for the same pain again.  He is my baby and he has giving us so many good times.  I called the vet this morning (the smae one) and they want to run a series of X Rays, that is very expensive. I will try different vet in the same hospital, they have payments program.  I have to call them to set up an appointment for his X Rays. Please pray for my baby.
I would like to thank you for your support when my dog was sick.  He had an ultrasound done and they could'nt find anything.  He was still not eating and sleeping a lot.  After the ultrasound I did not what else to do.  Then, after days of praying God answered, he always does, and the next day my baby dog started to play and eat.  Now, he is back to normal.  We are going to get an insurence for him.  Thank you.
It's great to hear that your dog has recovered from whatever it was he was suffering from!  That's definitely wonderful news!  I also think it's a great idea that you love him enough to get an insurance policy for him.  That will be a HUGE help if he gets sick again.  Thanks so much for the update.  It's nice when we're able to find out how things finally turned out, and it's all the more nice when the news is good news like yours was!

Ghilly