My dog has pemphigus
My dog has pemphigus and we put him on a methylprednisolone, simplycef, tetracycline and niacinamide regiment and his symtomps are still there. He has been on it for 6 weeks.  He is also loosing his hair. He originally was on a heavy duty prednisone regiment. What would you recommend next?
I'm so sorry to read your dog has this disease. Having had Shelties for some years, I am somewhat familiar with this as they are a breed that can be affected.  Thank goodness I never had to personally deal with it. There are, I believe, 4 types of this disease that has to be diagnosed with skin biopsy and and ANA test.  Of course, there are other diseases this might be also.
You can do a search on it but here is one link that at least describes the different types or possible other auto-immune disorders.
http://www.rr-oona.com/DLE/AI-PE-eng.html
Sorry, I am  not familiar with a couple of those medications and don't have time to look them up now. I assume at least a couple are for possible secondary infections.
Unless your Vet has dealt with a number of these cases and feels secure in this treatment, I would "definitely"  look for a canine dermatologist in your area or possibly a Vet college for a consult. Some forms of this disease (if the diagnosis is correct) can be very hard to manage and most dogs are on steroids for life.  The symptoms may never completely clear up but it is important you have the correct diagnosis and treatment regime.
What breed is your dog?