Dogs Community
My dog has yellow discharge coming out of her vagina

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Just got my dog spayed like 6 days ago due to supposedly Pyometra. After we payed 805 dollars the vet told us there were no signs of it though it still baffled him that she had all the signs. She was in heat in January and went in again this month not even two weeks apart.  She was drinking a lot of water too. They couldn't find the bacteria in her Uterus. We took her in yesterday to check her stitches and he said she was fine though she smelled like rotting flesh today we cleaned her up with some good smelling dog shampoo on her back quarter making sure not to get her stitches wet. dried her off and still the smell is there. She leaked some yellow goo like substance please help thanks
So what....that vet opened her up, checked her uterus, and stitched her back up again?
My opinion is that she needs to see another vet URGENTLY. That smell is a red flag for infection, and a yellowish foul discharge is not normal at all!

My opinion is also that this doesn't need to be probed and wondered about and tested by vets. The best solution -though it is a bit dramatic -is surgery as soon as possible to remove her womb and ovaries.
She will probably need IV antibiotics and fluids to support her kidneys.
Don't wait -get her to a vet. She needs help, fast.

I hope she will be okay. I am thinking of you and her. If you get time please do post back and tell us how she is doing.
I am so sorry. I mis-read your post! You said she had been spayed (but the vet could find no infection -right?)

But still, her symptoms now sound like infection. There could possibly be infection in the 'stump' (which is known as "Stump Pyometra") That is the small amount of tissue left behind after spay surgery.
Totally agree with ginger.  I would be looking for another Vet and ASAP!  You paid over $800 for a spay???  Was blood work done? Is her white cell count elevated?
Yikes!  I would find another vet.  And SOON!  The one that did the surgery sounds like not only NOT a good vet, but also a crook, because if he opened her up to spay her and found no pyometra, he should have just charged you for a regular spay, not $800 for a pyometra surgery.  Something is really crooked with him if he would do that.

I would have her at another vet first thing Monday morning if she smells that bad and has a discharge.  Something is most definitely NOT right and you need to get her to someone who can diagnose it and take care of it before you end up losing her due to what appears to be a case of, y'know, I really don't know WHAT to call it!  Misdiagnosis?  Malpractice?  Idiocy?  Thievery?  Whatever, she needs to be seen by a good, competent vet who can help her.  

Please, please post back and let us know how she is doing and what the problem turned out to be.  You and she are in my thoughts.

Ghilly
we brought her back in again they told us it's nothing but upped the dosage of the antibiotic guess he knew he missed some but didn't want us to give him a bad review... She is doing better the smell is now going away since we are giving her the meds twice a day.
thank you... :D really helps  
Thanks unfortunately after paying the guy he told us there wouldn't be any other charges after that so we brought her back in again said there was nothing there but upped her antibiotic to twice a day... The guy had like 5 stars and lots of good feed back guess you can't always rely on that :(... But she is doing much better the smell is going away finally
I'm glad to hear that your dog is doing better!  I would still find another vet to go to, because for what he charged you for what turned out to be a routine spay he should treat your dog for the next four years free of charge!  LOL!  That was a ridiculous amount to charge, even for a spay due to pyometra, but for a normal spay it was just plain highway robbery!

Five stars and good feedback don't mean anything other than the guy knows a lot of people that can stop by his site and leave something nice about him.  Doesn't mean they're real people, they could have all just been friends who did him a favor.  

Ghilly