Dogs Community
My dog is discharging little blood clot while she's 2 weeks pregna...

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

My dog is discharging little blood clot while she's 2 weeks pregnant

I have a crossbreed of Pug X dachshund and she's 3 years old. she was in heat on december 11 so i scheduled her stud on 20th of december. i am not sure if its successful; but on january 6, i started noticing she's discharging a Brown mucus on her vagina but its just a small amount. but as the day passed it turns into Blood, but not a lot, now its january 12 and she's still bleeding a little. Is it the sign that she had miscarriage??
or it is too early for her to lose her puppies??

anyone who experienced the same thing??

by the way.. she's not that lethargic since she started bleeding last january 6.. she's acting normal then. but yesterday i noticed that she's a little lethargic but not too much. she's still eating and playing but there are times that she's being sad and wanted to be alone. what could be the possible reason for this??

REPLY ASAP. thank you:)
There is normally no discharge during a pregnancy.
If you do see a discharge, then take her to the Veterinarian.
She may have an infection, or be losing the litter, or have developed a case of Pyometra, which, if left untreated, can kill her.

i already ask her vet about it and said she lost her puppy but theres no big problem regarding it cause she can expel it herself since it was too early like 2 weeks. thanks for response:) anyway, she's okay now. not lethargic at all. and very playful. i think she already cope with her anxiety of losing her pups:)
Thanks for checking back in......I'm glad your girl is doing OK!   Karla
Forgive me for this, but it is obvious you do not understand the breeding of dogs. First off you don't 'schedule' a breeding for 9 days past the start of your *****'s cycle. Females ovulate during a period from the 10th to the 14th day, and not ALL females ovulate during those days. Progesterone testing is done at a cost of about $65-75 every couple of days. Why are you breeding a mixed breed dog in the first place? You don't know about the costs involved and all of the testing that needs to be done on the breeding dogs including sexually transmitted diseases that can affect the health of the puppies; you are handing those health issues onto the families who you are selling the puppies to. Why would you want to do that? Breedin is an expensive endevor if done properly; that is why good breeders ONLY breed to restock their kennels and when they have a list of families who want the puppies. Breeders go into the red breeding. Some litters I have bred ran into the thousands of dollars by the time the puppies left here.  
Someone gave me that Pug x dachshund. crossbreeds are usual here in the philippines. and my dog already gave birth twice . and since she's a pugshund, i mated her in a pure pug. but that doesnt mean i let them mate with just exactly that day. i board the dog on exactly that day . and i dont even have any plans on selling her puppies since she was always having 3 litters only every birth. i'm so much willing to take good care of the pups or maybe let my sincere friends to take good care of them. thanks for the infos:)
I breeded my boerboel 10days ago and noticed a kinda swollen on 1 of breast. Could this be miscarriage?
First, this is an old discussion and you might want to start a new one.
I was not familiar with this breed so had to look it up.  See it is a Mastiff type breed.
People should really try to educate themselves as much as possible "before" breeding and certainly be prepared for whelping and puppy care!
That being said, I doubt a swollen mammary gland is sign of a miscarriage.  It may be from a change in hormones.  If it looks red, feels warm or has a discharge or other mammary glands seem affected, best to be checked by a Vet.
How old is she?  If she is in whelp, you may notice her vulva will stay somewhat swollen.  She may go off her food for a while.  She may have some straw colored discharge.