Dogs Community
My dog moans and breaths heavily for no obv reasone???
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My dog moans and breaths heavily for no obv reasone???

Hey all,

i have a 5.5 yo german shepheard, cross with alaskian huskey.

Recently he has been acting strange where some mornings he keeps jumping on the doors and windows desperately wanting to come inside, and when he does hes happy just to sit there (althought this has stopped since several days ago) but everytime it happens i also notice the neighbours kids playing in their back yard across the fence, everytime he acts like this thats always the case. Otherwise he would only be like this when theres thunder/lightning or his really hungary.

But still i notice he would come inside or be in the backyard and seems to be breahing fast and moaning a bit, althought this has reduced over past several days, but now he seems to be eating alot less, and sometimes he still acts keen to come inside, and when he comes he'll quitely lay down. i feed him some dry food mix with some can food and chicken necks, usually hell eat all of it but over past several days he seems hesitant on the dry food and will eat the chicken necks/meat etc such as today.

He is still as energetic and playfull as always and when i take him for walks (once a day usually for an hour or so) where he comes back exhausted, gets a good run, and he would still pull like a horse with great power.

when i play with him outside or inside, when i cuddle him alittle bit and rub his stomach he slowly starts to moan, but it is obviouse there is no physical pain, and i rub him all over to see if i can feel anything or weather if he shows reaction to any particular spot, but its not the case.

he does have corneal keratitis, with the murky patch on his eyes, on his left eye it seems to be whitish/murky but i have been giving him eye drops dr gave, but it ran out about a week or so ago, and i have ordered another one from ebay which seems like it will be better. The doctors one is $20/ml, as my vet is more of a sales agency.

So all up right now he seems to have abit lack of appetite, but it could be because his just sick of the dry food as he seems to eat other things fine, and when i rub his stomache and pat him he moans a bit, it could also be that he feels lonely as he is a single dog, but he does get alot of attention from family in the house etc and get played with alot.

any advice will be greatly appriciated
also when i get ready to take him for walk, just as i am getting ready the nagging/moaning goes to maximum, as he keeps flipping his tale/moaning and restless.  But sometimes im not sure if the nagging begins because he is in some discomfort and doesnt want to go or just over excited
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...