My dog was diagnosed with Follicular Hyperplasia
I've noticed since I got my dog from the humane society that some days his eyes are more red than others, specifically his left eye and almost every morning he has discharge coming from both eyes. I recently took him to the vet for this problem and he was diagnosed with follicular hyperplasia which is apparently where something gets caught under his third eye lid, irritates it and then nodules/small bumps grow underneath causing redness/discharge/discomfort. The vet said that eye drops would provide temporary relief, but only surgery would potentionally cure this problem. I haven't heard of this disorder and would just like another vet's opinion on. I want the best for my dog, but I am in graduate school and if I dont' HAVE to get this surgery for my dog and save the estimated $180 then I will. Thank you for any advice/guidance!!
If you would like the opinion of a Vet you have to post your question over in the "Ask the Experts" forum to Dr. Cheng. You can do that by clicking on the "Doctors" Icon on the top of this page.

One of the CL's may be able to move it over there for you or you will have to post again.

Good Luck.
You may also pose your question to Dr. Sims if you wish. He is the second Vet over there.

It may take a few days for an answer.