Dogs Community
Need Emergency advice NOW please help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Need Emergency advice NOW please help!

my little chihuahua ran into the door 2 days ago, she was knocked out for a few seconds when she got up she ran to her bed and laid down. The next morning we let her out to go to the bath room and she went and came back in and was fine. but later on that day i noticed she barley had any balance at all, she keeps her head tilted to the right. She drinks water on her own, but will not eat. I took her to the vet and they made us pay 136.00 to tell us she had head trama but then refused to treat her because thats all the money we had. I was heart broken thinking my baby girl will have to be like this and i dont know what to do for her. I told them we could make payments but they refused. So, here i am. She is still drinking water all by herself, i have been feeding her babyfood, like turkey and ham and corn. threw a surrenge, because i dont know how else to feed her. the vet won't even give me any advice. None of them will around here. I am very hurt and very angry. and i just want to know what i can do to help my little girl. is it to late for her? or can she recover? i am also worried that she has not gone to the bathroom. Someone please help. i love her to death, and honestly dont know what i would do if i had to wake up without her.

Any advice????
Is there ANYTHING you can sell, or take to a pawn shop for some quick cash? Do you have any relatives or friends you could ask to borrow some money from? (You could pay them back so much a week till it's paid off. You may not like that option, I know, I wouldn't. But if it is to help your girl, they may have some compassion for your situation.) Ask your bank how much you are allowed to 'overdraw'. You may be surprised. (I know I am in England, and our ways here are different to where you live, but I discovered I am allowed to overdraw £1500. Of course I wouldn't, except in dire emergency. Then that can be scraped together over the next months, but at least your girl will get treatment.

I do so wish I could really help you. I feel how much you love her and need to have some help. I hope someone else will post here who could maybe give you some practical advice about any options for charitable help, or payments where you live, that I don't know about.
Your dog has a bad neurological problem.  I'm concerned about swelling in the brain since symptoms took so long to show up.  Bottom line: she needs vet care now.

Start calling vet clinics in your area.  Ask about payment plans or if they offer something Care Credit.  (www.carecredit.com)  Care Credit is a line of credit that can only be used with one healthcare provider, be it human doctor or veterinarian.  You can apply online.

Don't forget to check with your local SPCA, Humane Society or other animal rescue groups.  Some are large enough to offer low-cost vet care or can refer you to a clinic who can help.

If all else fails, you'll have to look at getting a loan elsewhere or selling assets to get the money.  Not all clinics charge the same rates, so it pays to shop around.  I've been in the same situation myself and we ended up selling one of our two cars to pay for a life-threatening injury in our dog.  Your dog could very easily have a life-threaning injury, so are you willing to possibly watch her die painfully at home?
Try the care credit if not Some non profit animal rescue agencies may have emergency funding avail also ask for information on private donations for emergency funding
Usually the treatment for a head injury is i.v.Steroids, diurectics,and oyxgen.Signs of a true Cerebal edema appear within 24 hours.If your baby appears to be alert like normal then she may only have a slight head injury.Do her pupils look dialated and if you shine a light in them will they get smaller.If they are dialated and do not respond to light then she still has swelling.Sometimes after a head injury they have post traumatic syndrome and they show signs of seizures,odd behavior,head tilting and sometimes blindness.I wish that i knew more about how you could get her treated,I know that some vets here were i live will let people post date checks or maybe you could see about a check in advance place.Well please keep us posted.I will keep yall in my prayers.Take Care and God Bless