Dogs Community
Old dog Leaking urine

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Old dog Leaking urine

My Dog is 15 and I noticed today when she got up from her bed there was urine spots and now it has been pretty steady throughout the day? PLEASE HELP ME
Tags: old dog
Good morning...

What breed is your dog?  It sure sounds like your "senior pet" may be have some aging problems.   Many older pets lose complete control of their bladder as they age and you will often see urine spots in the morning.   Your veterinarian can help you with some medications that might help her regain sphincter control.

The other thing to think about is that she may be developing an age related mental condition known as cognitive dysfunction.   She may be "forgetting" that she is housebroken.   There are some good medications and even a food that can help with this type of condition.

Regardless of the reason, she should see your veterinarian.  How long has it been since she was in for a complete physical and senior workup?

Take care...

Tomcat
My dog has been doing this too over the last few months. I'm not sure there's a whole lot that can be done unless you want to try the doggy diapers.
It's a good idea to get your dog checked by a vet to make sure she doesn't have any kind of infection or anything.
Best wishes to you.