Aa
A
A
Close
Older Dog wetting
My 12 year old border collie has started wetting herself apparently while sleeping. She has been on Rimadyl for several months. I'm curious of this could be causing control loss while sleeping. Has anyone heard of this happening?  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
82861 tn?1333457511
I don't think it's the rimadyl.  My dog of about the same age started doing the same thing a few months ago and it turns out she's in severe renal failure.  Get your collie to the vet and bring a first-morning urine sample with you.  If you can't get the sample to the vet in about an hour, keep it in the refigerator in the meantime.  Your vet will also need to run some blood tests.  Renal failure will eventually be fatal, but if the damage is caught early enough, it can be fairly well-managed with some diet changes and medication.  Please don't wait!  Hopefully it will turn out to be a simple urinary tract infection, but in an older dog, you need to check into other things like kidney failure.  The wetting could also be due to simple loss of muscle tone and control due to age, but since it only appears to happen while sleeping, I'm more concerned.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources