Dogs Community
One lymph gland is huge and the other just a little

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

My little friend was diagnosed with Large Cell Lymphoma 2 weeks ago and made come changes to diet and meds both holistic and western and did great until today.  This morning she would would not eat anything, move around or anything.  She was so bad that I thought that it was time but it became that way in about 24 hours.  At first it felt like both glans (glands) had gotten bigger but through out the day one side grew to a HUG ball all the way down to her lip area.  This just seams like there maybe something else going on here as well as the other side seams to have gone down in size but that could just be because the other side is so HUG.  She did spend a little time outside while waiting for her to go to the bathroom and it seamed to be sever hours after that that you just could not miss how big it had gotten.  I read some the questions and want to give her benadryl.  It is Sunday so it has been a very bad day since I can't really talk to anyone about this.  Any help would be appreciated ASAP.   Also she is not eating but I am giving her what I can in meds and food via a suring of sorts

Many thanks,
Reine
She could have an infection in her salivalary gland.I would call and tell your vet what is going on and see what they think you should do.If it is an infection it might have to be drained and some antiobiotics given.It can cause them to not want to eat.If it came up after she was outside she may have gottne stung or bitten.You can give her Benadryl.I would give her 1/2 teaspoon of childrens Benadryl.I dont know her weight to give you a dose.But if she weighs 10 lbs you can give her 1/2 teaspoon..Please keep us posted.I hope that she gets to feeling better soon.Take care and God Bless