PLEASE help
I had my french bulldog artificially inseminated on the 11th day of her heat (jan 25th) we are now the 21st day of her heat and she is still bleeding fresh red blood, seems to be more today than yesterday. Our only local vet is not available this week... what could be wrong?
This does not sound normal. "Spotting" can occasionally happen in pregnancy, but in a normal "heat" bleeding stops usually around the middle of the cycle -during the fertile period when the vulva swells. And if there is a successful mating -or in your case -insemination, there should be no bleeding right now.Your vet might be away, but could you call any vet
anywhere for advice? You could always offer to pay them for their expertise and telephone time.
Normally, she should not be bleeding that heavily this late in her cycle.how old is she and how many times has she been in season before?  If there were other seasons, did they progress normally?
What method was used for the insemination and who did it?
She probably should be checked and get a blood panel done.