Dogs Community
Panting at Night

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Panting at Night

I have a 4 year old, 11lb Yorkie that keeps panting at night.  It is like clock work!!!  Every time between 6 and 7pm, he starts breathing hard.  There are fans everywhere directed right on him.  He is fine during the day, eats his food, alert, cuddles, wants to play and god for walk, etc.  I took him to the vet and they told me he is fine and to "keep an eye on him".  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  Any suggestions?
Hi, I have 5 yorkies from 1 pound to 6!!! They all pant! Some during day some only at night. I'd say he is ok! Good luck
Is there something he does on a regular routine prior to the panting...?
What time do you feed him..?  
Does he start to pant shortly after eating...?
Maybe there is a correlation between the food and the panting...?  Maybe he is eating too much...and it makes him uncomfortable.
Have you changed his food....?
Is this a new behavior...?  If so, keep a watchful eye for other unusual behaviors or symptoms...drinking more water than usual, sleeping more...etc....and be sure to mention them to your vet.
My yorkie would pant when she was too warm ( sitting next to me on a sofa or chair ) ...she would only sit next to me for a very short time, ( a couple minutes )
and then the panting would start, and she would move.
Best Wishes ....Connie