Peek, can I have your dog biscuit recipe?
Hey Peek! I saw your mood on your profile said you were making dog biscuits. Do you mind sharing the recipe? I imagine it's healthier than the kind you can get at the store, if not cheaper. And I bet others on here would love to have the recipe.
Thanks!
April
Well, I have to make them b/c Jake is on a special food, and he can't have any treats of any kind not made from his food.  

I just took his dry food and put it in a big bowl and added a lot of water.  Left it to soak for probably half the day until all the water was absorbed and the food was mushy.  I took a potato masher and mashed it all up.  
Put on parchment paper (I think you could get by without that) on a baking sheet in rounded balls that I flattened with the tines of a fork.  Baked for 30-40 min at 300, then turned off the oven and let them sit in there for a couple more hours to dry.
Just a thought that I might add a hint:   if you add warm water it works out quicker.
Let soak for about a 1/2 an hour, blend well (pot masher is fine) and form into balls, I have a h2o conditioner.  Spray cookie sheet with pam or coat with olive oil.  Then bake at above directions.  It usually takes within an hour to set up.  Takes some time to perfect.  The dogs don't mind testing.  LOL
Sorry if I sound silly here.  I'm not good at talking about things.  I'm just praying for Jake though .  

Take Care;  Amy