Pit bull has a rash inside his back legs
We have a 2.5 year old red nose pit bull. We noticed about 3 months ago he was really red on the inside of his back legs, in the fold area. and on his stomach in front of his penis. I figured it was just from him licking, so we watched it and there are some days that it is pink, some days red and some days nothing. A couple weeks ago he had it under his front legs, but they look ok now. He will occasionally lick at the area, but does not seem to be scratching it. We live in Michigan so I thought it might be the weather changes too, but I don't remember him having this problem last winter. Any ideas on what I can put on it, sometimes it looks really dry....Thanks for your help!
Try to recall what you have been feeding him, including snacks and treats and see it there is any correlation in time.  He could be having an allergic reaction to food, or as you suspect the environment.  If he licks a lot that too could cause irritation, I believe.  I think our Westie has some a problem with too much licking.

You may find some lotion for dry skin at your pet store. I'd not suggest using anything you use yourself.  I don't know it would cause a problem, but it might.

I hope you can get your dog in for a check-up once a year with a vet, that would be something to ask at that time.

If the condition seems to be getting worse or spreading a trip to the vet just for that issue seems reasonable to me.