Please help me with my yorkie...she is sweating
Hi I have a yorkshire Terrier....was given to my by a freind.  I know from reading up on them that are not suposed to sweat.  Mine does.  I give her a bath most every week.  But, to no avail she is still sweating.  There is a strong oder too.  I just don't know what can be wrong?  Can you please tell me if this is somethig I can take care of or is this a visit to the vet?
Dogs have two types of sweat glands.  Eccrine glands are found on the bottoms of the paws, and apocrine glands are found among the hair follicles.  Dogs do not thermoregulate themselves by sweating through the apocrine glands, instead these glands secrete pheromones that are used as a means of communication with other dogs.  Also, the amount of "sweat" produced by the apocrine glands should be a minute amount, certainly not enough that it would appear as though the dog was sweating.  
Dogs thermoregulate themselves by panting and by sweating through their paw pads.  Any moisture that is found on her body is not sweat, even though it might have the appearance of sweat.

I would say that if your yorkie is producing enough pheromones to make her coat wet, or even enough to be noticeable, there is something odd going on with her endocrine system that needs to be addressed.  She could just be a dog that produces an abundance of pheromones.  It could be something is peculiar to just her, or it could be an actual medical problem, but I would have a vet be the one to make that determination.

Is she spayed?  How old is she?

Ghilly
my yorkie has been ahving the same problem, sweating so bad when you pick him up he is wet. I give him a bath and with hours another sweat attack and I'm right back where I started. I cant give him a bath every day. I read to give him olive iol in his food to help his coat and terrible ry skin. Coat and skin look great. Its not hte olive oil making him sweat as he was doing it before.
Vet bills were so high last visit $259. cant afford that, blood work proved nothing. going crazy

Rusty
Talk to a GOOD Yorkie breeder. I've never heard of this in any breed and bathing a dog more than once or twice a year should be the limit for bathing. (Show dogs get bathed more often, but the shampoos are different) Bathing with the wrong ingrediants like dish liquids ect cause the wrong PH balance in the skin and can cause problems. If you are giving olive oil, you could be giving too much or too often and that could cause problems with the coat. You could have a dog who already has oily skin and coat making it appear to be wet. Talk to a good breeder and get advice from them. If you need help with this PM me and I'll try and help.
My Minnie Schnauzer is a sweater too, she smells to high hell also. Have taken her to vet with no satisfaction.  Started her on probiotics, has helped with smell but she still sweats. I adopted her a year ago and do not know her history. She was found wondering the streets in Savannah Ga. They were going to put her down at the pound because of her age . Walked just in time and told the staff that I wanted to adopt who ever was at the top of the list I feel very lucky to have her in my life but sure do wish I could make her more comfortable
Boy, this is an old thread. You may do better starting a new one.  Dogs don't sweat like we do. They sweat through their foot pads.  That is one reason they can overheat easily and use panting to cool themselves off.  Any chance you may be smelling the anal glands?  If they need to be expressed, they can really stink.
The smell may be coming from bacteria on the skin.  Try an oatmeal shampoo for dogs and then try a vinegar rinse.  Dilute some vinegar in water about 3parts water to one part vinegar.  Shampoo the dog and rinse then apply the vinegar, wirk it in to the coat and let set for about 5 minutes then rinse.  Vinegar actually can help if it is a bacteria problem.  
What are you feeding as diet could be contributing also.  I would stick with a grain free and no corn food.  
Ah, that is so sweet you saved this girl!!  
My 4 year old Doberman is sweating when he sleeps. He sweats under his arms, his belly and his crotch area. It may not be sweat but it sure seems like it. It's NOT anal glands, not pee, not vomit but whatever it is, I wish some vet could help me with this problem! Sounds like other dogs have it too, he STINKS so bad! Give him a bath and overnight he's back smelling bad. He's been treated for allergies/food sensitivities. Tried antibiotics, prednisone, apoquel. Don't know if this is related but his muscles twitch also when he sleeps, I've always thought he was so itchy that he shuddered. I don't know... just don't know but I love him SO much! I just want him to feel better! Any ideas or similar experiences?
My Boston Terrier has developed sweaty coat?  I am wondering if she is getting 2 much flea medicine?  Fleas are heavy in our area and sometimes I have had to give flea meds twice a month to help alleviate problem.  Could this be causing this?