Dogs Community
Please read my question..we both might be sick with mast cell tumors!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

i had a stupid question.my dog shane has what we believe to be a mast cell tumor most likely not beingn. the aspirates and blood work will be in this week.
i gave shane a kiss on his back close to his tumor, and then he moved and i accidentally kissed his tumor and breathed it in, and he even has blood on the tumor and im not sure if ill have mast cell cancer now? i called the emergency vet and they didnt want to help cause im not an animal -_-

oh and fr shane i have a quest. ive heard from my vet there is a new drug for mast cell tumors. i was wondering if you heard of it and knew the name and your opinions on it...at 7 i feel hes too young for this hes got 2 big ones and small lumps all over and even has a bleeding on in his ear do benign ones bleed? i noticed in the staging the only stage with  a benign tumor is when there's one. when thheres several tumors in stage 3 its malignant  He's also got a bad looking tumor on his apw that the vet seemed worried about. benadryl and other **** aint helpin

one last quest anyone tried acupuncture?
Wait to hear what your vet recommends after the bloodwork comes back. Mast cell tumors can be treated with surgery, (if appropriate) radiation therapy, chemotherapy, sometimes Prednisone is helpful. And Benadryl or similar as the tumors can release histamine. A warning...the treatment will not come cheap.
They are not necessarily simple to treat, but you need to wait for the bloodwork, and other tests may have to be run, to see if the lymph nodes are involved at all. That would influence what treatment the vet recommends. I'm afraid I don't know whether acupuncture would be helpful or not. I am pretty sure it won't be the answer as far as treatment for this is concerned, though may be helpful for any side effects of treatment, or any other problems which occur.
Don't worry, they are not contagious or infectious. Touching the tumor won't affect you.
I do hope a good treatment plan is worked out to help your dog.