Dogs Community
Pregnant Dog Not pushing out puppies!!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

What do you do to get the rest of the puppies out if the dog want push them out?!?!?!?  She already had two last night and the others are still moving inside her.  Please help asap.  Thanks.  Concerned.
You need to call your vet asap!
Thanks when my friend got home she checked on her and she had 2 more already. So I guess their all out now.  
Oh, good, I am glad she is okay.
Yeah she ended up having 2 pups on the 30th and 2 more when I dropped her off yesterday (31st) and then when I dropped her off from school today my friend said she went to check on her again and she had 5 more pups.  So a total of 9!!!  Its so weird though how she had them spaced out like that.  She thinks there is more because her dog is panting really hard.  But thanks again for you help. Hope your doing ok...
Something is wrong!  It should not take days to deliver a litter of pups, no matter how large the litter.  PLEASE get her to the vet.
She is okay now... My friend didn't want to take her to the vet b/c she didn't have the money I'm guessing.  But I went over and saw her and her pups yesterday.. There so cute. All 9 of them are doing great... Thanks for your help and concern...
This makes me very angry.  No dog should be allowed to breed and have puppies if the owner can't provide veterinary care.  If the dog died, she would be guilty of animal cruelty and neglect.  She could still get septic and die from the prolonged birth process.

Not having money is not an excuse.  The dog has to have care, regardless.
What kind of dog is she? Just wondering if she was a small breed or a large breed.
My friend's cat had a litter that took a couple of days too. It made me kinda angry because this poor cat has had three litters, the first two died, the last one was ok. I felt sorry for the cat. I kept telling her she needed to get her fixed and she'd say she knew, just didn't have the money. Meanwhile, the cat still kept getting out and getting pregnant. She said that was just how she was raised, that you didn't take your pets to the vet. I guess she was raised on a farm or something. I still didn't think it was much of an excuse. These people make more money than my husband. I had to bite my tongue a lot because she was my friend. But this did make me angry.
I'm glad the dog and pups are ok. I hope she can find good homes for them. Tell her to be very careful who she gives them too. Some people buy puppies and kittens cheap and then turn around and sell them to labs for animal testing. I actually got homes for my friend's kittens and I screened each person. I took down their phone numbers so I could call them later and check on the kittens. I asked if they had other pets and were the planning on keeping them in or out, getting their shots, etc. There was one guy I wouldn't give a kitten too because I had a bad feeling about him. He had called about my ad and didn't have any questions about the kitten, just said he'd come over and get it. I said no, they all had homes. Just tell her to be very careful who the puppies go home with and to check on them after awhile to find out how they're doing. That's just my advice! Glad they're ok and healthy.
Hey thanks for your advice..I will sure and pass that along to her.. The dog is (excuse my spelling) Siberian Husky / Wolf mixed and the father is an English Setter... Yeah she said she is going to keep two of them and I'm getting 1 but as for the others I'm sure she don't know what to do.. That is so sad how ppl treat animals... You just can't have nothing in this world anymore.. I'm sorry about your friends cat... Best Wishes ♥

Peekawho Hey yeah she didn't actually breed her... They were moving and we had a tornado and the cage she was in blew away.. So she put her in with Chance and after they moved she got her another cage... But then she noticed that Jin Jer starting getting bigger so she assumed she was pregnant... And thats how it all started.. It was an accident.  But Thanks for your concern... Yeah I know not having money isn't any kinda accuse.  But I look on the bright side they owe me double time... As for her husband backed into my car :o(  So now they have to buy me a new door..
hi my dog had 2 puppies last night and in the middle of the night she was pushing another one out and i was helping her and when it was half way out i stop helping her and the puppy when back in her but she keeps on panting shes chewing the placenta  that is inside of her right now
Please what do i do!
Oh I am so sorry, I have only just come online and seen your question.
The thing is, people her are sometimes online, sometimes not. If there is an urgent emergency, it really is best not to look for answers and help here, or anywhere else online, but to get straight to the vet.
Is your girl OK? Did the birth go OK? Or did you end up calling the vet? Sometimes, if the mother gets tired a pup will come out and go back like that, but is usually alright and delivered normally. I have seen a calf born like that too. The birth turned out OK. The mother just took a break from pushing.

The thing is, when you know there are puppies still inside, and it seems the birth process is completely on hold for a few hours...that's when veterinary help is needed, because something is not happening as it should. Also if the mother seems unusually distressed, or ill during the birth.
Dropped her off?  If she was being moved from place to place when she was in the middle of labor, that could have something to do with the problem.  A pregnant dog should never be moved when she gets close to delivering, much less in the middle of the process.  Moving her triggers her stress response, and nature tries to delay the delivery of the puppies under those circumstances.  As noted above, a long wait between puppies is often associated with the later appearance of a uterine infection, and this can often be fatal for the mother, leaving a litter of orphaned puppies.

If the dog is still alive and well, she needs to be spayed. Otherwise, this will happen again, and the mother dog may not survive it next time -- plus there will be another litter of puppies that need homes.  Most localities have animal welfare organizations that will help with the cost of spaying and neutering.  May I suggest calling some of the pet-related nonprofit agencies (Humane Society, etc.) in your area, your municipal animal control office, and/or some local vets to locate financial assistance programs for spaying.  Most "pet professionals" know where the resources are, so just start calling and asking.  It sounds like it's not your dog, but maybe you can prompt the owner.
my Chihuahua is falling asleep during labor and not pushing? what do I do?
CALL YOUR VET,  NOW!!!! Falling asleep is not normal & she may be in trouble......Better safe than sorry....Karla