Pregnant Shih Tzu
I bred my Shih Tzu on May 30th and she is showing signs of being bred including loss of interest in food, very tired and lazy, needing constant attention. Today is June 17th and I took her to the vet and had an ultrasound and it seemed to be inconclusive. Several vets said that the fetuses couldn't be seen until the 3rd week. However, this particular vet told me that pups could be seen as early as 10 days after conception. My breeder told me that she thought that she definatly was bred. What should I do?
Keep up with a calendar on the date of concieve, just in case...in my experience sometimes the mri does not show in dogs, xray does after time, but, vets say xray not healthy, so wait as long as you can till you do an xray to see the tube and how many pups on in the tube...it looks like a sausage in the shape of a U and pups lined up...
Maybe theres only one little pup in there and hard to see...be patient and do the wait game for a minute..
Until then prep like your b__ch like she is pregnant...I give calf liver and powdered  puppy formula milk to my pregnant dog and chicken livers...is keeps the momma healthy and the pups come out in good strength, and I continue the powdered puppy supplement milk during nursing..My one female didn't like the formula so I syringed twice a day...I get one xray, one time they couldn't find my pups either, cause I only had one in the tube....he finally showed...