Puppy ate his poop -normal?
My three month old yorkie just ate his own poop. should I be worried and is this normal? Any advice on prevention?
Some dogs find poop irresistable - their own, another dog's, or even from cats or other animals.  LOL!  I know there are various things you can add to your dog's own diet that will hopefully make his poo less attractive, but since I've never had this problem with my own dogs, I couldn't tell you what it is.  Hopefully someone else will be along to help soon.  

Other than diet supplements, be ready with a cleanup bag as soon as your pup has a bowel movement and beat him to the punch.  
There are tons of pills and powders at the pet stores and the vet's you can add to the food to make the poop a bit less attractive.  You can also use Accent meat tenderizer sprinkled on his food.

Best to break the habit when he is young.  I have one I've never been able to break of the habit (she won't eat her own but beagle poop is just irresistable - shudder!).  She started teaching my new puppy to do it too so I ran (!) to Petco and bought some of the tablets.  I just grind up two and sprinkle it on the food that *all* of them eat.  The puppy has stopped eating it.

Good luck - it's nasty but very common
i had a german shepard who did this, i called the breeder because i thought there was somthing seriously wrong with my puppy!  she suggested putting tobassco sauce on the droppings right away to offset the dog from it, i never tried it, i just yelled at her alot and got her away from it quickly.  it was gross but alot of dogs do it.  i have a new boston terrier now who does it too!  
It is totally normal for many dogs, I asked around when my dog was doing it... we couldn't figure out anything to do about it besides scold him when he did it and race to dispose of it before he did!  (Even worse, my german shepherd liked to eat out of the cat litter box, which I've heard from a lot of other pet owners, which is really gross).  I don't get their fascination with the stuff either!  But good luck, the tips on here sound like they would probably work.
I posted an article about dog's eating poop awhile back if you want to look for the post. It suggested different things like giving them pineapple to eat. It's probably several pages back by now but you might want to look at it.
I have a dog who gets into the cat box, ugh. I try and clean it twice a day and he still tries to get into it! Aren't our pets lovely! :)
I have a female shihtzu (6 yo) who does it.  I have been told its because she knows it is wrong and is trying to hide it :)  Regardless it is gross but we are at work all day so we can't put tobasco on it realistically.  My mother in law started feeding her dogs an all raw diet and they stopped eating their poo!  Hope that helps!
i had a dog when i was little who LOVED absolutely LOVED kitty poo. the way he was you'd think he was at a four star restaurant. so gross. from what our vet has told us is what smells like channel #5 and is appealing to us...is like sh** to them and what's sh** to us is like channel #5 or gormet food to them. dogs are weird. even though i am relieved the two we have now havent gone through the poo eating thing. they just love bums....