Dogs Community
Puppy will not eat!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Puppy will not eat!

Hello! My concern  is for my 8 week old yorki/terrior. I just brought her home and I am already concerned , because she will not eat. (I had her drinking water). This morning she vomited as soon as she woke up . Should I bring her to a vet???????

Confused/ worried
yes i would take her in at the age never know whats going on .
Did the person you purchased her from completely wean her onto regular food?  She may just be having some adjustment difficulties with diet changes.  As a general rule, you should feed the same food as the previous owner/breeder used for a couple of weeks, and gradually change her over to the food you intend to use long-term.  My vet recommends using puppy food for 14 months, but your own vet would provide the best advice for your puppy.  

Yes, you need to see your vet - but not only for the vomiting and eating issues.  Any time you purchase or adopt an animal you need to have a vet do a general exam and bring her up to day on vaccinations, etc.  
I just got my puupy also try feeding her some cesar food they  love it. if you notice she eats, next time mix some cesar food with her purina.  What purina you giving her?
Vomit can be cuased by no food but just saliva with water :(