Dogs Community
Puppy's eye looks like it's rolling backwards

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Beau is a 4 month old Rottweiler.  Last saturday I took him to the vet as he had some mild conjunctivitis in his right eye, vet prescribed a mild eye ointment steroid.  Today I take him out of his crate and his LEFT eye looks like it is rolling back into his head.  I held his head and he couldn't get his left eye to focus on me and kept squinting.  It looks like the nictitans is exposed, I saw what looked like a third, clear eyelid that was taking up almost all of his eye.  After about 20 minutes his eye appeared to go back to normal, though I can still see the nictitans exposed along the side.  He seems to be healthy otherwise, he ate normally and played and had normal bowel movements.  He has a vet appointment later this afternoon but I am panicking.  My previous Rottweiler just passed away last month from cancer and so my mind immediately goes to that devestating loss, and the thousands of dollars spent on surgeries and tests.  Has anyone had this happen before?