Put dwn dog bc of kidney failure
Our 7 1/2 year old Boston terrier PERCI was sick about once a day for 5-6 days. Then day 7 was severe vomiting of a bright yellow substance then vomiting of blood the next morning. I took her to the vet, she was given fluids, and a blood panel was done. Later that day we were called in to discuss her condition. Her kidneys were failing. The blood work showed her numbers being more than tripled what they were supposed to be. So according to the vet we had a decision to make. Either put her down since it was less likely she would make it through the night not under a vets care or spend anywhere from $3000-$5000 in a specialist/overnight care to keep giving her fluids and hope for a change in the blood work within a few days not promising her a quality lifestyle even after we figured out exactly what was going on.  I feel like we were expected to make a quick decision since the office had already closed about 3 minutes after we were given any information. We were asked if she had gotten into any antifreeze, if not she possibly had a genetic disease that had taken over her body and had gotten to the point of shutting down her kidneys. After 20 minutes of going back and forth we decided to put her down. We are heartbroken!!! We are going through the grieving process and I guess I'm at the point of guilt and asking myself over and over did I do the right thing??? I just need more answers. Thanks in advance for any input.
Hello Pooty...I'm so sorry to read this....Under these circumstances, we ALL question whether we did the right thing...This is a personal decision that each owner must go through......I know the grief is awful, but it will get better with time.....My heart goes out to you and your Perci.....

I am including this forum's largest thread on Kidney disease...It might help you with some answers....It is quite long & sad, but I believe it will help to see how other cases have turned out......Here it is:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dogs/4th-stage-renal-failure-in-my-dog/show/425814?page=1

"Run Free little Perci"..............Sincerely, Karla

Thank you so much for your sympathy  Misfits4me.  I think the thing that has left me so confused us that it happened so suddenly. Perci was a healthy dog and out of no where her kidneys were failing her. I'm still reading some of the link you sent me. It's very helpful. Hoping for a little peace of mind soon. Thx again :)
Your Welcome Pooty...God Bless You.....
Ah, so sorry to read this but from your story, you probably made the right decision.  Sounds like it came down to a quality of life issue and she probably would have been miserable.
Many of us here have, unfortunately, had to cross that bridge and more than once.  It is always a shock when things happen so suddenly.  I had a couple of dogs that were perfectly healthy in the morning and I found myself with them at the Vet's office that night and had to make a decision to end their suffering.  
You will probably not know exactly what happened unless you had testing and/or a necropsy done.  
So sorry you lost Perci but take comfort in the fact you gave him a loving home.
Hugs