Pyometra - Uterine Infection
My dog was diagnosed with Pyometra yesterday. The vet suggested I spay her on Monday AM (it is Saturday). She is very fatigued, is drinking a tremendous amount of water, not eating and urinating frequently. I have read that the uterus can rupture and that it is important to do surgery ASAP. I just want to know what people think of waiting to spay her until Monday.
Pyometra is an extremely dangerous infection.  I suppose all you can do is trust your vet if he thinks she can wait until Monday.  Is it possible he wants to get her going on antibiotics for a couple of days before the surgery?  

You know your dog.  If you think she needs emergency surgery over the weekend, don't hesitate to call your vet or go directly to an emergency vet.  Matter of fact, you might rest easier calling the ER vet this evening to get advice on exactly what an emergency situation looks like where pyometra is concerned.  Ask them to tell you what to look for like pale gums, or maybe a bloated abdomen, etc., so you can make the right judgment call.  Most vet clinics have an outgoing message after hours that will direct you to an emergency clinic or another on-call vet.  Go ahead and get those instructions written down just in case you need them.

You've got my sympathy.  I can't imagine having to wait through the weekend with such a seriously ill dog.  Please let us know what happens, and I'm sending good vibes and prayers your way.  :-)
We've had 2 dogs over the years that developed pyometra.   Both had emergency surgeries.  Both vets had said it was extremely dangerous and couldn't wait.  
Good luck - I hope your dog is ok.  
Get a second opinion ASAP. Have the surgery done ASAP. This infection is serious, painful and can be lethal.
Can a spayed female have a uterine infection? Is there normal discharge inside the vaginal opening? And could this cause frequent urination and pooping?

Chris
Basically I agree with what Jaybay said (your first reply) There may be a reason why the vet wants you to wait till Monday, because of the antibiotics.....However, my instincts are flashing a red alert at me here! This really needs immediate surgery, considering your dog does seem to be showing acute symptoms, and this doesn't sound like a low-grade infection, but a full-blown one.

Tell you what. Ring your vet, open your fears to him, and ask if this op. can be scheduled for tomorrow, or even sooner, as in your estimation it is an emergency?? Tell him the details of your dog's symptoms right now. If their list is so busy over the next 4 days that they can't schedule an emergency surgery, then take her to another vet immediately.
Well, that's what I'd do with my dog.
Oh gosh! I must be in a time-warp! I've only just noticed this post was from August last year.........and I've been biting my nails over this for the past hour, wondering why the vet said to wait from Thursday to Monday for surgery!
I'll shut up and go away now!
No, a spayed female cannot possibly get a uterine infection, as the uterus has been removed. (That is, if she has definitely been spayed)

Any discharge from her vagina is likely to be a bladder infection. An uncomplicated bladder infection can be treated easily with antibiotics, but if it is left to continue, you run the risk of infection spreading to her kidneys. So take her to the vet now.
The problem with loose stools may, or may not be connected. If the infection is affecting her kidneys slightly already, this could affect her stool, and also make her feel pretty miserable generally, and most likely, off her food. On the other hand, that might be something else entirely.
But do take her to be looked at by the vet, very soon. If you can take a urine sample with you, this would help with diagnosis.
my dog had a pyo 4 weeks ago and was ok once she came out of vet,
but 2 weeks later she went down hill and caught a infection which was effecting her kidnets,
2 days ago she died in my arms with a heart attack, the infection had spread too much despite numerous injections everyday,
it has broke my heart to lose my dog after 7 years together.