Raised Lump on Eyeball
My 7 year old dog has a lump on her eyeball in the white of her eye.   We noticed it as we put eye drops in.  She had conjunctivitis 6 weeks ago.   Now, the whites of the eye are clear, but, the lump is bigger and pink/reddish in color.  I took her to the vet again today and was told to go to an Opthalmologist.  The vet said it could be nothing, a cyst or at the worst cancer.   Oh my!  I can't get anOpthalmologist appointment for 6 weeks.  Any idea what this may be?  
At least the Vet looked at it but he didn't even suggest maybe trying a steroid med?  Didn't  think it is maybe the beginning of cherry eye?  No way to tell, could be an ulceration, cyst, tumor, etc.
6 weeks is a long time to have to wait to get that checked? Did you ask if they have a cancellation list and that the dog has had a recent eye infection?  Any other ophthalmologists in the area or within travel distance?  Maybe your Vet can expedite that appt for you.