Aa
A
A
Close
Renal failure problems from lindyloo5252
I have a 12yr old Lhasa apso ( sasha ) just started with renal problems. My question is the vet put her on Purina NF but she is not enjoying it ...is it ok to put boiled rice and fresh meat with it ? I will try other brands aswell.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Most renal dogs don't care for the prescription foods, or not for long anyway.  If I could make a suggestion, look up and join the kidney diet group on yahoo.  The moderators there are awesome and they can help you design a fresh food diet for your dog that is tasty, renal friendly, and meets nutritional requirements.

Diana
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1696489 tn?1370825574
A rice and chicken mixture (cooked) is almost always okay to feed a dog, and is the least likely to upset his tummy. - Blu  PS: you really do get what you pay for when it comes to pet food.  I find it odd that your vet would recommend Purina, as normally you can only get the good, specialty foods at veterinarian's offices or high quality pet stores.  Some good brands would be Science Diet, Iams, and Blue.  I'm sure there are others out there, too. - Blu
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources