Scent confusion between males?
I have 2 male chihuahuas (not neutered) one of which was sick this past weekend. He is better now, but since the one got sick, the other keeps whining at him and trying to mount him.  It is identical to when he is around a female in heat.  Could the chihuahua that was sick be giving off a confusing scent?  please advise, they are driving me insane. ha ha ha
It's not a sex thing; it's just a dominance thing, and entirely normal.  The dog who didn't get sick sensed weakness in the sick dog and is merely taking advantage of the situation by letting him know who is Top Dog - so to speak!  It would help to have both of them neutered.  Why hasn't this been done yet?  :-)
Thank you for your advice.  Any idea when it will stop? We bred one of them, and got the other one still intact.  The Neutering will be soon.  Not soon enough though.....ha ha
It will probably never completely stop because it isn't a sexual behavior.  It's just one dog "reminding" the other one that, "I'm the head honcho and don't you forget it!"  Neutering will usually slow it down, but not completely stop it.  Just part of having dogs.  :-)