Aa
A
A
Close
225036 tn?1294513000
Shih Tzu vomiting
Hi everyone.  I have a Shih Tzu that is about 4.5 years old.  We just got him last Thanksgiving form friends.  He often vomits yellow foamy bile.  He doesn't eat well at all and sometimes when he vomits there is undigested food in it.  I was wondering if this is common and what are some suggestions to help him feel better.  Thanks everyone.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
675347 tn?1365464245
Some dogs throw up more than others. Often, it's simple and to do with something they have eaten which has disagreed with them.
But a dog who vomits chronically, or frequently, needs to see a vet I think.
It may be a straightforward thing -such as he has been eating too much, or too much 'People food'. Or maybe his food needs changing.
But sometimes it can be a more serious issue going on, perhaps with pancreas or liver etc.
Get him checked out.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
462827 tn?1333172552
Hello & welcome.......I agree with Ginger, he needs to have a check up to rule medical issues out, first.....Then:

Does he do this any certain time of day? Morning? Night?
How often do you feed him? What time/times of day?

He may not be able to tolerate the food your feeding him.....What do you feed?

Thanks, Karla
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My 10 year old shih tzu has been coming up to me shaking and about 5 minutes later he vomits. It is undigested food, then he seems fine. This has happened twice tonight and has me very worried. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources