Sick Beagle
My dad has a beagle that has been sick for a few weeks now.  We don't know what's wrong with her, and he refuses to take her to the vet.  She is drawn up as if she's been beaten, and trembles.  She has that "whipped dog" attitude, and also seems quite weak, wanting to mostly lie around.  She's lost a lot of weight (I do not know how much).  I don't have much to do with her (she's not mine, she's his) so I can't really give any specifics, only that he wanted me to find out what could be done for her (short of taking her to a vet).  
NOTHING can be done for her if no one knows what's wrong! Trembling is a sign of PAIN! Drawn up could be any number of things that only a Vet could distinguish....It would be impossible for a public forum to know the cause ......She needs an exam (From A Vet) & Fast...It sounds as if she's suffering and this has been going on for weeks? Why would your dad not get her some help? It is the human's responsibility to provide medical care for the dog just as you would a child....Neither can take care of themselves!

If your dad won't do it, can YOU pick the dog up & get her to a doctor? It is not fair to let her suffer like this......There are laws against Pet Neglect in many states......Please find a way to help her!!!!!!  Karla
Your father should not own animals if he is not prepared to take care of them when they are in such pain, which his dog is.  I'm surprised the dog is still alive, after weeks of suffering.  Is it possible for you to take her to the vet, she needs someone to help her, fast.  If not, he should surrender her to a shelter, where she can get help instead of dying a slow death.
While I agree that my dad shouldn't own animals if he's not prepared to get care for them (I had to watch my beloved cat suffer and die recently, and that was hard on me--wild dogs attacked him) I can't really do anything about it.  Is there absolutely no advice anyone can give for the poor thing other than "take her somewhere!"?  
Sorry, but I agree with all of the above and those can be symptoms of pancreatitis which is very painful, and that is only one of many possibilities.  No, your father should not own animals and is just inhumane of him to let one suffer like that!  Show him these forum responses.  If it were me, father or not, I would get that dog to the Vet ASAP.  Nothing I can suggest he could do for the poor thing. :-(
Call your county SPCA and explain the situation, and beg them to take the dog.  Please do not sit back and watch her die.  If its a matter of money, borrow it or sell something (computer, cell phone, etc.) but please do something.  The dog did nothing to deserve such suffering.
I hope you were able to get her to a vet. There are so many things this could be, and NONE of them are able to be treated without knowing what's wrong. Most likely it's not something that can even be treated without vet help. My puppy had symptoms like this for only a few days, and he was in severe kidney failure, less then 24 hours from death come to find out.
I sincerely hope something is done for this poor dog. They rely on the humans who they are loyal & loving to, to take care of them.
Was hoping to see an update on this poor dog.
I seriously doubt it would be a good one.  Such a sad situation.
Yes, but was hoping she was able to do something.