Dogs Community
Sick Dog, Very worried owner

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Sick Dog, Very worried owner

My dog has been throwing up on and off all night, he has been running a slight fever, and he seems really sluggish and slow at responding. What should I do
Is there are reason you have not seen a Vet? They could be lot of things wrong, but taking your dog to the Vet or Vet Hosipital quickly will tell
you the problem quickly!
I would take him to the vet if i could, Vets down here are around 100 dollars just for the exam and right now i dont have that money
Hi There...
If your dog is running a temp....He definitely NEEDS to see a vet.
A dogs Normal temp is anywhere between 100.5 degrees and 102.5 degrees.
Please get him in soon...if he does have a temp, he most likely has a serious infection that needs to be treated as soon as possible.
Connie
I am not meaning to sound harsh here but I know it's probably going to come out that way.  I am, however, merely stating facts so please take them in the way that they are intended - to advise and educate, not to berate.

When we get a dog, whether we buy it or adopt it, we are entering into an unwritten contract with that animal to keep it safe from harm and free from the suffering caused by sickness.  The initial outlay of money, whatever it is, will always be minor compared to the actual upkeep of the dog.  If you had a sick child, you would take that child to a doctor no matter what if they were sick and you did not know what to do for them.  A pet is no different.  

Most towns, even very small towns, have more than one vet.  Call as many as you have in your area and if you have to, go a reasonable distance out of your area to find one that will work with you on payments.  Sometimes, if you just take the time to have a heart to heart with the vet you can work something out with them.  Maybe they will accept a post-dated check or hold a credit card number with a promise that a payment can be taken from it on a date that you both agree on.  Every vet's office also has applications for something called Care Credit which is an entity that extends practically instant credit to people who need help paying their pet's vet bills.  Do you have something, ANYTHING, (mp3 player?  watch?  ring?) that is worth something that you can pawn to get the money to pay for the vet visit?   Most pawn shops will give you 60 to 90 days before your first payment is due and in that time you can save up the money to get your belonging back.   My point is that where there is a will, there is a way, and if you just think about all the "junk" items that we spend money on every week and add that money up, you might find that it comes pretty close to the amount you need for a vet visit.  Surely your dog's health is worth giving up a week or a couple of week's worth of snacks or lottery tickets or whatever it is you spend "fun" money on.  And lastly, if you contact your local SPCA, they will have a vet that can help him.  Sometimes, however, you must surrender the animal to them in order to have him vetted, but if it's a case of him being ill and possibly dying from an infection that goes untreated or surendering him so that he can be made healthy and rehomed, you need to consider his best interests.  Please consider all of your options and make the right choice.  You owe it to your dog to do what's best for him.

Ghilly