Sick Dog Please Help
I Have A 13 Year Old Japanese Akita, He Is Very Weak, Can Barely Walk, Walking Takes All Of His Energy. He Breathes Heavy Like Hes In Labor. He Started Peeing In The House Last Night And It Has Been Straight Blood, He Tries To Go Outside But Pees Before He Makes It Outside.He Also Has Not Eaten Anything In 3 Days, The Vet Cant Get Us In Until The Morning.I Dont Think We Are Going To Be Able To Bring Him Home From The Vet. Im Pretty Sure Hes Going To Have To Be Put Down. He Dont Cry At All, I Just Want Some Kind Of Answers Ahead Of Time If Anyone Has Been Through This Before. He Got His Rabies Shot Then Got Sick
Hi, He is getting older. Poor thing he sounds like his body might be shutting down The kidneys might be having trouble.. I'm sorry this must be terrible for you. Take care you are in my prayers. Good Luck at the vets.
I am also so sorry your dog is so sick. It sounds like the Rabies shot was a great strain on his system. Don't give u hope yet. It IS possible the vet will be able to help him and treat him. You never know.
God bless....and to your good dog.
I'm sorry, another typo....that's meant to read "don't give up hope yet"
Please let us know what happened.......I hope all is OK!     I've been thinking about you..... Karla
he was put down august 10th. the vet said it probably was the rabies vaccine. but he also said that he's pretty sure he had a mass on his spleen that ruptured.(he wasnt positive though because his dog had the same thing wrong and it happened to be the spleen) we could have tried him on steroids to see if it would help but then we would have to deal with him suffering for a longer period,they did a quick blood test and he was anemic his blood cell count should have been 36% or higher and it was only 24%. we thought it was best for him to be put down, he lived a great 14 years. my dad asked the vet what his thoughts were on it and he said that if it were his dog he would put him down. it was the hardest thing to do and we both feel guilty because when they were about to give him the shot we walked out and he watched us leave. he is being cremated though, atleast we have some part of him. but hes always in mine and my parents heart. the best dog we have ever had. :'( Jester we miss and love you and cant wait to see you again <3 R.I.P Baby boy
Even with it being the spleen he still said it was the rabies vaccine that triggered it to rupture. http://www.dogs4dogs.com/truth4dogs.html  visit this website, this is why we think it was the rabies vaccine, it started 3 days after the shot and he had quite a few of the symptoms