Dogs Community
Sick Jack Russel

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Sick Jack Russel

I have a 8 year old Jack Russell male who are very sick. The vet drained a lot of fluied from his abdomen and took xrays and blood tests. First they said it was the liver and then they said it was the heart that was enlarged and now they dont know what is wrong with him. It cost me R1300 and they want to do more tests. I dont have more money but will make a plan if they can help my dog. I am angry at them for making the wrong diagnoses and I have to pay each time. He is at the vet at the moment on drip. He is just laying there and stairing in front of him like someone who are just waiting to die. I hope you can help me on this one.
I am soo very sorry for what you are going through.  I don't have any answers but I just want to extend a shoulder and give you some support.  Blessings to you.
First of all, I'm sorry for what you and your little guy are going through...I'm concerned about the wrong diagnoses because both heart and liver conditions are easy to diagnose!  Fluid retention can be caused by either or by both....I would go get all test results, xrays, bloodwork results, etc. (They're yours, you paid for them) and I'd find another Vet...There's something wrong here!!!  How come he's on a drip? Vomiting or diarrhea? Dehydrated from what? If you can give me more info., I may can help you....I've had furkids live through both of these diseases....Let me know and until then, I wish you and your baby Good Luck...............Karla
I agree you need to find a new vet. Get the records from your vet now and just take your dog in for a visit to another vet. Just a visit should not cost you much. My dog has been sick since August and finally I went to another vet. WOW was I in for a shock. my dog is truely really sick, so far he has 4 things wrong with him. But knowing has helped me treat him and help. Just after a week my dog has made a great turn around, even though he is still really sick the new vet thinks he can prolong his life for at least two years. I was ready to say goodbye to my dog because I could not watch him die in front of my eyes. I have also been using the same vet since before I was using a vet. My childhood pets would go to this vet so I thought hey he knows me and he will help. The new vet understood that I have spend a lot of money already and is willing to work with me. It was well worth it. And it was all thx to this forum and someone saying go to another vet. I hope everything will be well.