Single Raise Red Bump on Dog Stomach
We have a female red nosed pit-bull she is about 3 yrs old.  About a week ago we noticed she had a raised red bump on her belly I have photos of it then and now, it doesn't seem to bother her but I think it has gotten a little larger and doesn't seem to be getting better.  It is only red in color raised and not draining or have a ring around it it is in a circle not odd shaped has hair still growing on it not crusty and no sign of a hole in it . Please help we really cant afford to take to the vet unless we have to.
Thank You,
Lily's Mom
The thing with lumps, bumps, any kind of growths that don't go away is that, by default, they should be always checked out by a vet, and a biopsy specimen taken wherever appropriate.
Many times the vet cannot tell for sure and has to take a skin scraping, needle biopsy (quite a quick procedure which doesn't need anesthetic -my dog has had 4 of those) -or other tests, to diagnose properly.
The majority of growths and lumps are not cancer, and most often that biopsy which costs money, turns up no problem worth worrying about....and you think "oh well, I just spent X dollars (whatever)...to find out what I first thought -that is the lump is harmless and needs no treatment....phew!"
BUT...in the case of some lumps and growths it is clear that money is well spent because something is discovered which needs early treatment to save your dog's health, and even life in some cases. So in my opinion, debt is preferable to a suspicious lump that hasn't been checked out properly.
Do try to take her to a vet to get this properly checked. .
I can't be sure what this lump is. Someone else may have a better idea
I would have this checked out.  My beagle had something very similar and it was a Mammory Gland Tumor........
I would get it checked out.  One of my pit bulls just had something similar on his flank.  It came up in just a few days and was about the size of a nickel or a little larger and red.  The vet took a sample to check for mast cells which fortunately was negative.  It has cleared up with a combination of oral antibiotics and a topical prescription ointment.

Good luck and let us know!

~~ dgg
my dog has the exact same thing she is a five year old named moose and im worried if its cancer ive almost already lost her once and i dont want almost lose her again can u give me a hint to what it could be???
I heard that sometimes a tick will bury itself under a dogs/cats skin and the spot gets infected which makes it red and raised.  I would still try to have it checked out. Most areas have a humane society which will normally look at it for little or no money.