Small hard lump on dog's ear flap
My Boston Terrier has a small, round, firm lump on his ear flap; about the size of a small pea.  It's slowly been growing over the last 6 months or so.  Doesn't seem to bother him, even when we poke at it.  It's not red, it's the same color as his skin, however it is hairless.

Any ideas what this might be?
Hi you do not say how old your dog is.My Golden had a large flattish hematoma growing on his ear and every time he shook his head it got bigger so he was bleeding inside the flap, it got slowly bigger, he had an operation to stop the bleeding  when he came home his ear looked like a patchwork quilt but it worked as the blood could only escape into a small square, it has come up again since but the bleeding gets reabsorbed by his body so successful operation.

I would go to your Vet to check it out as it cannot keep growing like this.It sounds more like a cyst or a growth if its a cyst it will be drained and cleaned up.Best to take him in now before it does get bigger,  acute    and  painful. Don't want to worry you but they might take a biopsy so the sooner you get him in the better.It should be fine but just to be sure...... and to get it removed.

either a wort, [if thats what it looks like] or a benine cancer lump. its not to much to worry about. being hard, means its in the skin, if it were squishy it would be different. i'd say its not to dangerouse, but they can get pretty big and ugly. if your worried go to the vet, but it dosent sound bad.
Any lump should be checked out firm or soft and if it is still growing you have to find the reason for it.Please keep in touch.
I have a 2 year old Toy Dachshund, bosley.  He was given to me a year ago.  After having him for approx. 3 months, I noticed a small bump on his ear.  Was not a zit.  I left it alone and it grew bigger, from a small size to the size of a small pea. Same color as his skin.  It was there for months and finally went away. Bosley would scratch at it here and there when on his ear. The bump has not been back on his ear.  
He had another bump appear on the inside of his leg, in which I gently squeezed hard pus out.  It refilled 2 more times and stopped growing back. after squeezing I would but an antibiotic ointment on the site.  Now he has a bump on his back that looks like the one he had on his ear.  Not a zit. same color again as his skin.  I am watching it, however I think it's the same thing that lasted several months on his ear and went away.
I think it is common for dogs to get these bumps.  My beagle of 17 years had them all over and he was healthy and never sick in all the years I had him.

I repeat just get it checked out !!! this is your best friend.The chances are it is benign but if not  !    you would never forgive yourself.I have had dogs over many years and always erred on the side of caution..... many times it has paid off .You do need a professional to make that call...... no one else can do that.
I second that.
My dog has so many little lumps. She also has 2 or 3 breast lumps. One of them is quite big, over a centimeter. Every single lump she's got has been checked out by the vet (except those tiny sebacious cysts, and I am very familiar with them now. But the first time she had one of those, I took her to the vet to have it checked out)
In the case of her breast lumps, they have all been needle-biopsied too.

It is always worth it. Most lumps are NOT cancer, but it is not worth running the risk. If it IS cancer, the quicker the lump is taken off the better.