Sores on belly, what's wrong with my puppy
Hi there
Our puppy is 3.5 months. Last month we noticed some red, swollen bumps on her belly- like zits. We brought her to the vet, the perscribed some antibiotics. We've noticed that the bumps are coming back and have spread to her vulva area. Theyre small, and kind of clustered. Not too sure what this is.
Thank you for any help/suggestions you might have.
-Grassi's Mamma!
These look like some kind of bits or perhaps an allergy of some kind. Call your vet and tell her whats happening, although they will probably want you to bring her back in.
Is the puppy itching or licking at them?
Hi there
Thanks for your comments.
She isnt irritated by them at all really, just when we touch the sores. She doesnt lick them or seem too bothered.
Ive noticed theyve become dark around the outside and harder.
Im going to try to get her in tonight.
It looks like a staph infection.  This is fairly common, but it does need to be treated by a vet.   Make an appointment and let him take a look at her.  A course of antibiotics should take care of it nicely.

Ghilly
went to the vet & got an antibiotic spray. She's already been on oral antibiotics. Hopefully this does it.
Is it gentocin topical spray?  If so, that stuff is a miracle drug!  I swear, I have used it in the past and it seemed to clear up mild staph infections and small abrasions and wounds literally overnight!  If this is what you have to spray on it now, I think you will see a great improvement in a short period of time.

Ghilly
Yes, that's the same spray. It seems to be clearing it up.
I wonder what is causing this though. The vet said she could be allergic to something.
She also had blood in her stool yesterday. Very scary. Pool girl! :(