Dogs Community
Spayed female dog peeing blood.

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Spayed female dog peeing blood.

My spayed female dachshund has been peeing blood off and on for the last two days.one time it will be normal pee and the next it will be heavy blood. She has had urinary track infections in the past but the blood has never been so heavy.she eats and drinks and acts as if nothings wrong.she is up to date on her shots and just had a wellness check up two weeks ago and she was healthy.what is wrong with her?
Avatar n tn
How long ago was she spayed? Has it been several years or was it recently?

If she has had urinary tract infections before, there is a high chance she could have one again. Urinary infections can pop up very quickly and be cause from the tiniest things, just like in humans. She could even have smalls tones in her bladder as well that are being passed.

Watch when she piddles next time and see if she has any distress or pain, or if you see her going several times in a row with very little comming out.

She may need to be put on a specific diet to keep her from getting these infections.
she was two years old in nov.07'and she was spayed in may of 06'.she does not seem to have any pain when she pees or trouble peeing.
Your dog needs to go IMMEDIATLY to the vet! This is a serious problem!!!
I work in a vets office and I have seen dog's die from this in a matter of hours. You are lucky that she is still ok.
Please take her to the vet.
Good luck