Dogs Community
St.Bernard not eating, lethargic HELP ASAP!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

St.Bernard not eating, lethargic HELP ASAP!

Hello. I have a 4 year old St. and she has been behaving oddly the past three weeks. She is always lazy to begin with so we didn't notice anything unusual until she started refusing to wake up and go out side and wouldn't eat her food and I noticed she had green eye discharge and then it hit me that she HAD been acting strangely. So I took her to the vet the next day and they didn't really do any test and looked at her eye and said it was probably just conjunctivitis (she had also lost ten pounds), gave me an ointment (Neomycin) and I've been giving it to her.

I made an appointment today (Tuesday) for Thursday because she hasn't gotten better, she still wont eat, so I got her new food yesterday (Beneful) and she ate an entire bowl (I only gave her a little bit since she hasn't been eating (half a cup full) but was still lethargic and this morning she went out, didn't eat but a few bites and came in and slept all day. I had to coax her outside to potty with a treat. She didn't eat dinner but she drank a lot of water. I don't know whats wring with her, she doesn't have a swollen belly, she hasn't thrown up, shes been using the restroom regularly. WHATS WRONG? I mean she eats her treats she is interested in our food but she has always been into human food but also still ate her own food. Does she has whip worm? Could that be it?

I just want some kind of help asap in here so I can have something to mull over until thursday.

Thanks Wish me luck please!

C
Tags: not eating, lethargic, st bernard, HELP ASAP!!!!!!!, eyes