Sudden death in dog
Three weeks ago my ten year old dog died suddenly.  She had not been sick at all.  That morning she ate as usual, and was her normal energetic self.  We went out for a potty break and she fell over, got up staggered and went down again.  She lived for maybe thirty minutes during which time she frothed at the mouth, turned blue, tried several times to get up then just slipped away.  She was a big dog and I couldn't pick her up to get her in the car.  By the time help came it was too late.  Does anyone have an idea what it could have been?  She was not overweight.  She ate the best food and lived in the house.  Not that it matters, but I'd really like to know what happened.  I was too freaked out to think about a post mortem exam so I missed the boat on that one.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately it's impossible to know, but it sounds like from your description it was heart related. We had a Doberman when I was younger who did basically the same thing when we took him out for a walk in the woods by our home. He was much younger too. Post mortems were not available at that time for dogs. He was also in fantastic shape, so our vet really had no other explanation to offer than a genetic heart condition.
Just like a person having a massive heart attack. Many dogs these days seem to have heart murmurs too. Some are never bothered by them while others do have issues.
Really impossible to say, but it truly sounds like a heart condition and it was just her time to go on to the rainbow bridge.

Sending you a big hug and smooches from us and our puppy boys for your loss.
Take care, Teresa <3
it sounds like a stroke, it happened to my partners dog a couple of weeks ago and the vet said stroke.