Super Skinny Min Pin
I have a 7 yr old female Min Pin who has always been pretty healthy. With in the last year she has started getting really skinny and constantly has diarrhea. I have two other dogs that are a within normal weight ranges for their breed. They all eat the same food (Purina Adult small bites) and the food has not changed in at least a couple years. I feed them once a day but there is always plenty of food down that they can eat as they please through out the day. I know I probably shouldn't do that but none of my dogs are overweight.  Does anyone have any idea what might be going on with my dog? I know I should probably take her to the vet but money is pretty tight and I don't have a ton of money to spend at the vet.  
She really does need checking at the vet's because this has been going on some time. Also you cannot be sure if she is really eating enough (?) If the food is left down, and there is more than one dog eating it, can you know for sure if your little Min Pin is eating enough? It's always easy to tell if a dog's appetite is 'off' when the food is given as a set meal.
If the appetite is off as well as the weight loss, and diarrhea, then there has got to be something wrong there. At the very least it's a gut flora imbalance....at the very most something serious.
So please DO take her to the vet for a complete check-over. If they run her bloodwork, they can probably tell if anything is going on with her liver/pancreas/and many other things. It really is worth doing. I have very little money too so I do know how hard it is. But I made sure to take my dog for her senior bloodwork last year and I am glad I did. (Even though I could hardly afford the electricity bill afterwards!) To catch up after spending that money on her bloodwork I ate (more or less) lentil broth and apples for 3 weeks!! (And am no worse for it)
Diarrhea that lasts for more than 2 days, or comes and goes frequently for over a week should be checked by a vet.  It could be something as simple and easy to treat as a bacterial infection in the intestine, or intestinal parasites, but your vet will need to look at a stool sample to know (you can't see most intestinal parasites, such as giardia, pin worms, whipworms, etc.), or it could be something treatable like inflammatory bowel disease, or something much worse.  One major problem with diarrhea is that it causes dehydration, which can be fatal.  You might not even know your dog is dehydrated until you find her dead.  

You have let this go too long already.  Your dog should have seen a vet for the diarrhea before she ever started losing weight, but now with the weight loss and the diarrhea both going on for so long, she doesn't have many resources left, and her odds of surviving continue to decline the longer you wait.  

I rescued a 2.6 pound Chihuahua a few years ago from a similar situation. Her owners just thought she was skinny, but she was also very dehydrated. If I had not been there, she'd have died and they'd have never even known that they're inaction is what had caused her death.  She is now a slim 3.5 pounds.  Please don't let this happen to your dog.
Well thank you for making me feel like a terrible pet owner. About 3 years ago I rushed my dog to the vet because she was literally chewing her leg off. After running every test and having the wound cleaned several times the vet decided that it was a "tickle" in her leg that she could never make go away. Ever since this she hasn't been the same.
Since I've posted this I've been observing my dog more closely. I wanted to be sure she was eating enough food so I sat with her in the bathroom away from the other dogs while she ate. She ate about 1/4 cup of food and she's been eating that twice a day and picks in between. She also spends a lot of time at the water bowl. I have a large bowl that I fill 2-3 times a day. Since then she has not had diarrhea. I have made an appointment to take her to the vet this week. At her last check up the vet was not concerned with her weight. One thing to consider also is that I have 2 small children that feed her people food quite often. It could be that her stomach is more sensitive now than it used to be. I will find out when I take her to the vet and let you know what they say.
I totally understand how you feel. When you have kids and dogs you love them both and money is tight. Sometimes you just can't get your dog to the vet. I believe you are a good dog owner because you went online to search for help instead of doing nothing. I have 4 dogs and 3 kids, so i know how you feel.
I am having a similar problem with my 8 month old male MIn Pin. He has gotten really skin over the last 2 months.  I brought him to the vet for blood tests when I get the results i will let you know. Maybe they have the same problem. Also try talking to th MIN Pin fan club on Facebook. They are really helpful. Just add me and then join the min pin group I'm in. My name is Samantha Rattanawong
Any News on your Min Pin?
Ok. My Min Pin has an intessinal and stomach infection. He is on an antiviral and antibiotic. He also has to eat this food supplement paste. The vet said to feed him boiled meat. So that the food is soft (no bones) and healthy. In 2 days he has gotten a little better. But you will need to get you dog some antibiotics if that's it. It's painful for them to eat that's why they get so skinny. I hope this helpd you.
my brothers min pin has diabetes same sympton.It"s rare