Dogs Community
Swelling in legs, now my pit bulls eye is swollen?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

9010333?1365566873
So 2 nights ago my 11 month old pit bull started limping on her hind left leg. I examined her leg and didn't see any reason for the limping, but noticed her front left leg was a bit swollen. I thought my younger brother might have did something since he was over that day but in the morning both her front legs were swollen with no explanation. We took her to the vet and they had no clue, they did blood tests that showed she has elevated white blood cells fighting off an infection (she was sick for a while, not eating and was coughing/choking a lot) and then after she got better from being sick is when she started swelling. Now all 4 of her legs and paws are swollen and her right eye is horrible looking. Anyone know what this could be? The vets are no help.
Oh dear, poor thing.  I would suspect a possible lymphatic or vascular problem but not sure about the swollen eye.  Any chance he was bitten or sting by something?  Kidney and liver tests ok?  Heart check out ok?
I think I might get a second opinion and soon.
Good luck and please update.
Avatar n tn
I have to bump this . Having the exact same problem . I am being pushed into a corner . I can take him to the university for hospitalization and I am being quoted in the thousands. All the while I am watching him suffer. Grasping at straws here.

currently he is on lasix , tramadol , clindamycin , prednisone , zeniquin.

we just  started the prednisone today. so my fingers are crossed. as of now its been all down hill 8 days ago. been too 2 different vets . bloodwork has been done of all common diseases.
Avatar n tn
he is 3 years old canary mastiff