Dogs Community
Swollen Bulbus Gland

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Swollen Bulbus Gland

Hello my 10 year old neut. Std. Poodle has had a swollen bulbus gland making urination very difficult.  He is on antibiotics and anti-inflamitories however this treatment doesn't seem to be working.  What other options do I have?  Can this gland be removed?  Steriods?  We havent done X-rays yet but think it might be necessary to see if the prostate is also involved.  He is eating, drinking, wants to go for walks, he just can't urinate.  I am concerned that the gland will eventually become too swollen and cut the urniary track off completely which will mean certain death!
Any help or suggestions will be geratly appreciated.
Sorry, I can't help you on the Bulbus Gland....This is the first time I've heard of it....Maybe someone else will post...My question is: Have they ruled out stones that may be blocking the urinary track? I know one kind of stone does not show up on xrays, but the other kind does? Just a thought....Karla
Avatar n tn
Did you find a solution to the swollen Bulbus Glandis?  My 11 year old Lab is suffering from the same situation.  We have been to the Vet 4 times and still no results.  Any information would be helpful!  Thanks!
Michelle