Swollen Dog Nail
My 9 month old doxen lab mix has a swollen nail bed. The area around her nail that is father up on her leg, not the paw is swollen. It is red and a little white. The nail is not loose and it doesnt seem to hurt her but she doesnt love it when i touch it.  Any ideas what this is and if I have to take her to the vet. I have been to the vet a lot in the 6 months ive had her and its getting expensive. Please any help.
It could be an infected nail bed. She might have torn a claw or had one cut too short? Sometimes infection can creep inside the "quick" that way.
Sorry to say this but.....it might be best to take her to the vet. It might heal ok on its own, but it's just my opinion with possible infections...I don't personally like taking risks with them. Just in case the infection were to spread.