Dogs Community
TJ - update

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

TJ - update

I wanted to post an update on TJ.
Here are my original posts:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dogs/15-week-old-boxer-with-end-stage-kidney-failure/show/1818018#post_8383084
and
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dogs/TJs-update/show/1818863#post_8386190

I'm literally jumping for joy, on the inside. While not "perfect", these numbers
are so much better then I allowed myself to hope for.

BUN: 19 (originally over 130)
Creatinine: 1.3 (originally over 6)
Phosphorus: 5.7 (originally over 16)
USPG: 1.016 (not good I know)

He has anemia that we need to figure out, and we will probably follow up next month with an ultrasound to confirm or disprove JRD (I think it will be confirmed). But for now, his numbers are looking great, and stable with the home cooked diet, supplements & phosphorus blocker.

I'd like to thank the people here who encouraged me when I thought he was on death's door, and helped me start down the path of researching what I had to do to help him. Thank you sooo much!

Jenn & (a much better) 5.5 month old boxer boy, TJ
That is wonderful news!!!!!!!
Thanks. :-)
Jenn...I'm jumping for joy, too!!!!!  You've done a great job & appears that you have received that "Christmas Miracle" that I look for all the time!  ;)

Thank you for the update...Blessings to you & yours, Karla

P.S. For the Anemia, try to incorporate some fresh, raw (Preferably Organic), Liver to his diet...It doesn't take much, just a couple of times a week.......

Again, I'm delighted for you & TJ.......
Jenn...
I couldn't be happier for you and TJ..!!!  What an amazing job you have been doing with his care. It would have been impossible for TJ to have found a better home..He is EXACTLY where he was meant to be. You saved his life. You know that, don't you..?  You have given him so many wonderful days, and vise versa I'm sure..!  This update really puts a smile on my face..!  Thanks so much for sharing this great news with us.  
I Wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.
Hugs to you and TJ...
Connie