There's a lump on my dog's nipple!
Hello, My name  is Brandi. I have a female Chow Chow mixed and I am very worried about her. She has this Lump on her belly right next to her nipple. It also has a little red sore on it. It is hard and lumpy, but it is not hard like a rock, so I don't think it is cancer. I am going to be taking her to a vet, but I just really want to know what's wrong with my baby. She is pretty old and I know she is more prone to things like this. Please, any advise will help us. Thank You!
It doesn't look like a malignant lesion as those are generally black, red and/or very angry looking.  Yet, I'm glad to hear you're having a vet evaluate it since some growths can begin as fairly innocuous little things and turn nasty over time.  I hope it's something simple like a cyst, but if it's growing very fast your vet will probably want to go ahead and remove it.  

As you said, older dogs tend to get all kinds of cysts, lumps, bumps, moles, growths, etc., and most aren't a problem.  My vet advises leaving these benign growths alone unless they grow very quickly, have a dramatic change in color, or are in a place that the dog bites or scratches and causes bleeding.

Whatever it is, there's no point in speculating and worrying, so get her in to a vet as soon as you can.  And don't forget to let us know what happens.  We'll all be hoping for the best.  :-)
My mother dog is weaning her pups and more she has a large hard lump in her back nipple maybe her milk duc is clogged idk what it is maybe a cyst? Help?
Hi, my dog has a few round lupms around her nipples under her skin. They are really small. The biggest one is smaller than a garbanzo bean. I saw it 5 months ago. I did 2 sonograms. I did the second one after a month. There was no grow in her mamary glands in the second sonogram. I also did a radiology and there was noth wrong. But I feel its a little bigger now. It was like a lentis before and now as I said its smaller than a garbanzo bean. I have taken her to the best drs and surgeons in my city.They got surprised about how I notcied these small lupms beacuse they (except the biggest one) cant be seen without touching. I'm so worried about her. She is 8/5 years old never mating(she doesnt like the other dogs)  . One of the doctors said to pull out all the lupms plus an ovaryhistectomy. The other said an ovary histectomy plus the lower  lumps ( including the big one). The third said she needs to do an ovaryhistectomy becuase she may face some related problems in the future but about the lumps he added they are nothing to worry. Then he said to me do a biopcy becuase yuo seem to be worried about her.
Please tell me what to do. Im so confused and I really cant sleep well at nights. I love her and I want to make the best decision for her.