Treatment for Contusion
Hi everyone,
This morning I noticed a lump under my dogs right front leg. It's a hard lump and the size of a golf ball. When I took her to the vet today, they diagnosed her with a contusion which seems really strange because I don't recall her injurying herself recently. Anyway, they prescribed some NSAIDs. She still seems really uncomfortable - having trouble getting up and down stairs, just laying in one spot for long periods of time. I'm wondering if there is anything else I should be doing? Is it better to let her rest or get her moving? She's a Shih Tzu/Min-Pin mix, about 13 pounds and a year and half old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
What a great post name!  Sorry to hear about your babies injury.  It is so hard to watch them hurt.  Once the NSAIDs take effect and the swelling starts to go down, I am sure she will feel much better.
When my baby has been injured (more frequent now that he is 14) we get anti-inflammatories, pain meds and are told to keep him settled for a week or so.  This is usually for sprains and strains.  I would think a contusion bad enough to cause discomfort would fall into the same category.