Aa
A
A
Close
Treatment for Contusion
Hi everyone,
This morning I noticed a lump under my dogs right front leg. It's a hard lump and the size of a golf ball. When I took her to the vet today, they diagnosed her with a contusion which seems really strange because I don't recall her injurying herself recently. Anyway, they prescribed some NSAIDs. She still seems really uncomfortable - having trouble getting up and down stairs, just laying in one spot for long periods of time. I'm wondering if there is anything else I should be doing? Is it better to let her rest or get her moving? She's a Shih Tzu/Min-Pin mix, about 13 pounds and a year and half old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
469901 tn?1276567223
What a great post name!  Sorry to hear about your babies injury.  It is so hard to watch them hurt.  Once the NSAIDs take effect and the swelling starts to go down, I am sure she will feel much better.
When my baby has been injured (more frequent now that he is 14) we get anti-inflammatories, pain meds and are told to keep him settled for a week or so.  This is usually for sprains and strains.  I would think a contusion bad enough to cause discomfort would fall into the same category.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources