Twitching Daschund
We have a 11 year old daschund.  Recently he will be sitting or laying down and his head will start bobbing or twitching up and down.  It doesn't look like a seizure...more like a spasm or convulsion.  It lasts 2 or 3 seconds then goes away.  Otherwise he is as active and healthy as always.  The frequency has began to increase and we have made a vet appt.  Just hoping to get some ideas before going in.  Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.
Hello and welcome....Daschunds are very prone to disk disease. I would lean towards a disk problem in the neck. Mention this to your vet and go from there. Good luck, there ARE treatments that will help, alot. And please, let us know how it turns out.....Karla
It sounds like it could be muscle spasms due to nerve impingement.  As Misfits4Me said, doxies are VERY prone to disc disease, and as a senior doxie, your dog could perhaps be experiencing the effects of degenerative disc disease.  Make an appointment with your vet and have him do some x-rays to see if anything real obvious is going on.  If not, MRI may be necessary to see if there is nerve impingement, since that won't show up on an x-ray.  At her age, it might be a good idea to start her on a glucosamine supplement to keep her supple, especially if there's a degenerative thing going on.  At any rate it couldn't hurt.  Please keep us posted as to how she is doing.

Ghilly
My apologies.  I mistakenly referred to your doxie as "she" throughout my reply to you, despite the fact that you said he was a he.  Again, I apologize.

Ghilly